Bratwurst with Cabbage
Yield 4 Servings
- 1 lb. Bison bratwurst
- 2 med. apples, cut into wedges
- 1 T. defatted chicken broth
- 4 med. potatoes, cut in half
- 1 med. onion, cut into wedges
- 1 c. apple juice
- 1 2-lb. bag sauerkraut, drained
- Brown sausage with broth in a large nonstick skillet.
- Arrange onion, sauerkraut, apples and potatoes around sausage.
- Top with apple juice; salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer over low heat stirring once, for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes test done with fork.
Courses Lunch or Supper
Recipe by Cooking Buffalo at http://cooking-buffalo.com/bison-bratwurst-cabbage/