Bison Stew with biscuits. Biscuits are delicious for dipping into the hearty stew.
by SayersBrook Bison Ranch
- 2 lbs. Bison meat, cubed
- 2 T. cooking oil
- 3 med. potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) can peeled tomatoes
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 (6-oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. water
- Brown meat in small amount of oil in large kettle or Dutch oven
- Add onions and cook until golden.
- Add tomato sauce, carrots, peeled tomatoes, seasonings and cover.
- Cook 1 hour over very low heat.
- Add potatoes and 1/2 cup water, if needed.
- Cover and cook 1/2 hour over very low heat.
Note: For a variation: transfer mixture to a baking dish and top with biscuits. Place in hot oven at 425 degrees until biscuits are toasty brown.