Buffalo Pot Roast It’s absolutely delicious. Make it the centrepiece of your table.
Our Bison Roast is a beautiful 3 lb piece of bottom round. Each roast is hand cut and hand trimmed to SayersBrook exacting specifications.
Buffalo Pot Roast
Yield 6 Servings
- 3 lb. Bison roast
- 6 potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 2 T. cooking oil
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 c. apple juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. water
- 6 peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 6 Spanish onions
- Pre-heat oven to 300°.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add Bison roast and brown well on all sides.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, bay leaf, salt, pepper, apple juice and water.
- Cover and place in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, add potatoes.
- Cover and return to oven for 1 hour or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Thicken gravy with cornstarch.