How to Cook Bison Ribs
YUM bison ribs are delicious all year round! Here are a few different ways that we recommend.
Bison ribs in the crock pot that may be best for cooking in the winter and also one for smoked ribs that you could do in your smoker in the summer. You choose which one you like the best. Happy bison cooking!
Crockpot Bison Ribs
This is probably the easiest way to get juicy, tender bison ribs.
- Peel the skin from the under side of the ribs
- Cut the ribs into individual ribs
- Place them in the bottom of the crock pot
- Pour marinade over the ribs (see recipe below)
- Cook for about 7 hours at 250 degrees or the low setting on your crock pot
Bison Ribs Marinade – Mix together the following ingredients
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 T. lemon pepper
2. Smoked Bison Ribs
- Peel the skin
- Put on your favorite rib rub
- Smoke for about 2 hours or until they look done
- Then pour a cup of vinegar and 2 cups of barbecue sauce over them
- Cook in an over for another hour or until they are fork tender
- Enjoy your ribs!
If you have any recipes or special ways you cook bison ribs we would love to hear in the comments section below!
Happy bison cooking summer!