Italian Meat Loaf with Fresh Basil and Cheese
Yield 6 Servings
- 1 c. boiling water
- 3/4 c. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 c. sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1/2 c. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2 lg. egg whites
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1 lb. ground Bison
- 1 c. seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 c. ketchup
- Combine boiling water and tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes or until soft.
- Drain tomatoes, and finely chop. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for 1/3 cup ketchup.
- Shape mixture into a 9 X 5 inch loaf on broiler pan. Spread remaining ketchup over top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until thermometer inserted in the centre registers 160°.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cut into 12 slices.
Recipe by Cooking Buffalo at http://cooking-buffalo.com/italian-meatloaf/