by Kerry and Frederick Wildt, Wild-T-Ranch
This is tender, juicy, delicious, and versatile pulled bison BBQ but prepared in a dutch oven— not barbecue.
It’s easy to make, Use a slow cooker and forget about it for 8 hours! Come home to a mouth watering smell! Set the table, call the kids and enjoy. Pile onto buns, drape over nachos, roll into burritos, spoon over rice, stir into recipes, or simply eat straight-up. You will be overjoyed.
Kerry's Pulled Bison BBQ
- 5 to 6 lbs. Bison roast
- 2 cup Ketchup 3 T. Brown Mustard
- 2 T. Worcestershire Sauce 1/4 cup Dark Molasses
- 1/4 cup Honey 1/4 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
- Place meat in Dutch oven.
- Add enough water to almost cover the meat.
- Cover tightly and cook @ 250° for 8 to 10 hours until meat is tender and falls apart.
- Drain off the liquid and pull the meat apart to your liking.
- Place pulled Bison into large pot of sauce.
- Mix thoroughly and reheat at low temperature until hot.
Serve on warm rolls, or eat it all by itself.