Kitty’s Best German Potato Salad With Bison Bits
by Kitty Rolens, SayersBrook Chef, Food Specialist for the Bison Ranch
This potato salad recipe goes great with sausages, brats and of course bison burgers. Keep it on hand for summer barbecues.
- 9 whole potatoes
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 c. Bison bits
- 1/2 c. onion, finely chopped
- 1 T. flour
- 1 c. vinegar
- 1 T. oil
- 1/2 c. water
- Boil potatoes in enough water to cover.
- Add pinch of salt. Cook until almost done.
- Drain and slice potatoes into thin slices.
- Mix with finely chopped onion.
- Make sauce with flour and oil; add vinegar, water and sugar until mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour over potatoes and onions, add Bison bits, and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
Can be served cold or warm.