A little kraut, a little dressing, a couple slices of rye…this is a truly wonderful treat.
It’s lean; it’s tender; it’s delicious. AND Reuben sandwiches are only one of the great things that you can make with our corned bison. Use it the same way that you would use corned beef. The possibilities are endless. Of course, you have the added benefits of bison – the healthy alternative to beef. Each order includes 2 (1 lb) packages of Sliced Corned Bison.
Reuben never had it so good.
- 2 1/4 c. green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 12 slices rye bread
- 2 T. fat-free Thousand Island dressing
- 6 oz. Bison pastrami, thinly sliced
- 2 T. fat-free mayonnaise
- 6 slices fat-free Swiss cheese
- 1 T. Dijon mustard butter-flavored cooking spray
- Combine cabbage, dressing and mayonnaise in a bowl; toss well and set aside.
- Spread mustard evenly over 6 bread slices, and top with pastrami.
- Top each with 1 cheese slice and 1/4 cup cabbage mixture.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Spray both sides of each sandwich with the cooking spray.
- Place sandwiches on a hot nonstick griddle coated with cooking spray.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese melts.