Roast Cornish Hen
Yield 4 Servings
- 2 Cornish hens, halved
- 4 tbs butter
- 3 tbs honey
- 4 tbs chilli powder
- 1 tb orange juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter and stir in honey and chili powder; mixing well.
- Stir in orange juice, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Cut each hen into two halves.
- Rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place hens in baking dish, skin side down, and place in oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Turn hens over and baste generously with all of the mixture.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until well browned.
- Let rest for 10 minutes but tent aluminum foil to retain heat.
Wine Pairing: A light red wine is preferable for all feathered game. Burgundy or Red Rhône wines are the best overall match with game birds.
Recipe by Cooking Buffalo at http://cooking-buffalo.com/roast-cornish-hen/