Spicy wild boar with potatoes and stinky cheese sauce
This Recipe for Wild Boar Steaks, Potatoes and Cheese is Robust. The Curry Makes it Spicy, the Stinky Cheese Gives Major Flavor. This is a Recipe for the Gourmet. This is a quick recipe if you have all ingredients on hand.
For the dauphinoise sauce
- 4 tbs of butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 12 oz hard stinky cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the wild boar
- a little oil for cooking
- 4 wild boar steaks
- 2 tsp curry powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F Heat an ovenproof pan with the butter and oil.
2. Add the potato slices and sauté for a few minutes until the potatoes are golden brown on both sides.
3. Sprinkle the cheese, salt and pepper over the potatoes and place the pan in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the wild boar steaks with curry powder, salt and pepper.
5. Sear in a hot pan for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
6. Allow to rest for five minutes before slicing diagonally.
7. Turn out the potatoes onto a plate and serve with the slices of wild boar.
if you don’t like the spicy part of this dish, leave out the curry powder and substitute with garlic salt, or go easier on the curry. The curry and the cheese give it a vibrant flavor that is truly unique. If you don’t like stinky cheese then use any non stinky cheese.
This recipe serves 4 people but you can add wild boar steaks and an extra potato for each extra person. It’s a pretty quick recipe if you have all the ingredients on hand.