Bison Taco Casserole
by Kitty Rolens, SayersBrook Chef, Food Specialist for the Bison Ranch
All we can say about this dish is YUM!
- 1 lb. Bison meat
- 1/4 cup Black Olives
- 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 (14.5-oz) can Tomatoes
- Green Onions (chopped )
- 1 Zucchini (diced)
- Tortilla Chips (broken)
- 1 (15-oz.) can Corn
- Brown, crumble and drain Bison Burger.
- Stir in Taco Seasoning, Tomatoes, Zucchini, Corn and Black Olives.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Layer bottom of a 2 quart casserole pan with broken Tortilla Chips.
- Add meat mixture and top with chopped green onions and cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake @ 350° for 20 minutes.
Well, that was easy! this is a great meal to serve family and friends. Keep it frozen and pop in the oven when an unexpected hungry crowd shows up at your door.