Strapped for time and looking to cut some corners When Preparing Thanksgiving Dinner?
These top thanksgiving hacks will make the day less hectic so you can enjoy dinner too. Try these easy timesavers and keep your sanity.
Are you hosting thanksgiving this year? Sayersbrook wants you to have as good a time as your guests
Good Thanksgiving time saving hacks
- Make a list – a detailed list of your menu – so you can shop ahead and have all ingredients on hand when you need them.
- Prepare as much food as you can early on. Make and bake ahead and freeze.
- Prep as much food as you can early on. Cut the vegetables, dips, hors d’oeuvres, make the pies etc..
- Set the table ahead of time – a day ahead
- Ask friends to bring dishes – that’s a real time saver
- If you’re having a large crowd try making a buffet style dinner instead of sit down. The table will have more room to hold all the dishes.
- Use chafing dishes to keep the food warm. It looks elegant and it is practical. If you don’t have chafing dishes you can use a crock pot and or a rice cooker
- Fill coolers with ice for storing cold drinks. That frees up your fridge for other foods.
Better Time saving Hacks
Sayersbrook has many foods that are delicious as appetizers. Below are some ideas for appetizers that take no time to make and are delicious
Sayerbrook Bison Swedish meatballs : Heat and serve – put a cocktail toothpick in each meatball for easy serving
Sayersbrook Hot and Spicy Bison Meatballs: Heat and serve. Put a toothpick in each meatball and serve with dipping sauces.
Dipping sauce ideas:
- Marinara sauce
- Sweet dipping sauces such as plum sauce
Fast and Easy Appetizer Ideas:
Bison Meatball in a baked mini tart shell.
- Place a meatball in a mini pie shell with 2 spoons of pizza sauce – top with grated cheese – warm at 350°F for 10 minutes. Place on a large plate.
- Place a spoon of chilli in a baked mini tart shell. Sprinkle grated cheddar on top. Heat in a 350F oven for 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped green chilli or green onion.
Our bison chili in mini bell pepper halves.
- Bake for 15 minutes, sprinkle with grated cheese.
Sayersbrook has many flavors of ready to eat sausages.
- Slice sausage and place on crackers. They are great as hors d’oeuvres. Stick a toothpick in each slice. Dip in mustard, ketchup or spicy mayonnaise.
Best Time Saving Hacks
Simplify your life. Sayersbrook has cooked and ready to eat hickory smoked hams, chickens and turkeys. Perfect for your Thanksgiving table. They taste and look fabulous. Creates an elegant meal without any work on your part.
The smoked turkeys are cooked, so all you have to do is reheat.
Another way to serve the turkey is to debone, slice and heat. Layer the slices in an oven proof dish. Pour a little au Jus over the turkey then reheat at 145°F. Turkeys do not come stuffed.
A smoked turkey or ham creates an elegant, easy and delicious Thanksgiving meal.
Our ready prepared foods are perfect every time. Now that’s easy!