Bison Kabobs are a Delicious Addition to any Barbecue.
Skewer with vegetables such as mushrooms, red and green peppers, cherry tomatoes and onions. Dip in tzatziki sauce. Fresh warmed buttered pita bread is also a must.
Yield 4 Servings
- 2 lbs. Bison kabob meat
- 1 sm. clove garlic, minced
- 1 c. dry sherry zucchini, 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil green or red pepper, 1/2 inch slices
- 3 T. onion soup mix onions
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme, crushed whole mushrooms
- 1 tsp. salt cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. pepper corn on the cob, 1 inch chunks
- Combine sherry, oil, dry onion soup mix, salt, thyme, pepper and garlic in bowl.
- Add bison meat; stir to coat.
- Cover and marinate at room temperature for two hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Drain meat, reserving marinade.
- Using skewers, alternate meat with zucchini, mushrooms, green peppers and onion.
- Barbecue kabobs 4-6 inches from heat until all sides are browned (8 minutes total broiling time).
- Turn every 2 minutes, brushing with marinade.
- After removing from barbecue, add a cherry tomato to each skewer.
Courses Barbecue lunch or supper