These Little Bites of Protein Pack a Heavy Punch.
Higher in Protein than Beef, Bison Burgers Transform any gathering into a festive occasion.
Mini Burger Sliders
The fabulous part to Mini Burger Sliders is you can try many different toppings on each one. 1 pound of meat will make about 7 to 8 sliders. 3 to 4 sliders per person should be sufficient to satisfy.
1 lb. bison or elk ground meat
condiments can include:
- cartelized onions
- jalapeno peppers
- mayo and horseradish sauce
- roasted red peppers
- Wet hands and oil them slightly.
- Make a ball of meat
- Make a little thumb print in the middle of the pattie
- Lay flat on an oiled cookie sheet or on the grill
- Grill for 4 minutes a side for medium rare
- Cook in the oven 450°F for 7 -8 minutes a side.
- Do not over cook.
Do not over cook the burgers. They are best at medium rare. The meat continues to cook even after being taken off the heat source so please take that into consideration. Let the burgers rest for about 5 -7 minutes.