Bison is high in protein and a great way to start a cold winter day.
Hearty Bison Breakfast Soup
- 1 lb. ground Bison (salt and pepper to taste)
- 2 T. light olive oil
- 2 (15-oz.) cans mixed vegetables
- 1 T. chopped parsley
- 1 (15-oz.) can tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 2 qts. water
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 c. elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Brown Bison in olive oil in 6 quart soup pot.
- Add parsley, celery seed, garlic and onion powder, canned vegetables, tomatoes, salt and pepper, and water.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add cooked macaroni.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and salad.
Great the next day too!