Bison Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Makes for a Great Appetizer. Try it with Wild Boar Bacon Too.
by Carrie Sayers, Sayers Catering
Bison Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 lb. 21-24 Shrimp-uncooked-peeled and Tooth picks or Kebab skewers (don’t forget to soak in water if using bamboo)
- 1/4 lb. Bison Bacon cut into 1/2″ wide strips x 2″ long.
Marinade and Finish Sauce Marinade
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil 2 T. Soy Sauce
- 1 T. Sherry Vinegar 1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce (I use
- Juice of 1 Orange & Zest Mae Ploy brand)
- 1 T. Minced Garlic 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Whisk together marinade and toss in shrimp coating evenly.
- Marinade for at least 1 hour, however no more than 3.
- Wrap each shrimp around the middle with a strip of bison bacon and either skewer with a tooth pick (if using a grilling pan) or kebab skewer if using the grill (preferable method – toss in some mesquite chips too for extra flavor).
- Grill for approximately 5 minutes on the first side and 3 on the second side.
- Remove from the grill or grill pan and while the shrimp are resting.
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Jam (seedless) Chopped Fresh Parsley
Melt the raspberry jam in the microwave for approximately 50-60 seconds and, with a spoon, drizzle over the shrimp and sprinkle with the parsley for garnish.
Serve immediately and enjoy!