Bored of Chicken? Give your dinner parties some flair by using game birds such as Pheasant or Cornish hens.
Can’t find game birds in your local grocery store? Sayersbrook makes it easy for you to serve up a tender meal . Just order online and we deliver to your door. Try any game bird with this recipe.
This recipe takes about 20 minutes of prep time and cooks up in less than an hour.
Recipe for Pheasant with Almonds and Cream Sauce
Yield 4 servings
Easy to prepare and delicious. This dish can be prepared using and small game bird.
- Salt and pepper the pheasant or cornish hen pieces, rub with marjoram
- Using a large pot melt in the butter
- Add the onions and garlic and saute until translucent (about 4 minutes)
- Add the porcini mushroom and continue to saute for 2 minutes (if you can't find porcini mushrooms, use button mushrooms)
- Add the meat and saute on medium heat for about 3 minutes each side
- Add the sherry and bring to a boil
- Add the thyme and almonds
- Pour in the chicken stock
- Lower the heat and cook covered for about 20 minutes
- Add the cream and continue cooking for another 15 minutes, stirring frequently
Serve with boiled peeled potatoes, vegetables over a bed of pasta.